to answer a few burning questions I had and wasn’t able to find answers to:
1) is there a raw option for small-raw in full frame mode?
unfortunately there isn’t, the only way to get smaller files is by switching to APSC mode.
2)LA EA3 with 3rd party Alpha lenses: I tried my old Sigma 50mm 1.4 DG HSM and it works flawlessly, af is blazing fast and my copy doens’t need micro adjustment and hits focus every time, at f1.4!
(on the LA EA4 it need +5 micro adjust)
3) The Voigtlander Skopar 25mm f4 snapshot lens does not produce purple edges, this indicates that the A7rii will produce much better results with legacy glass, this is huge, I love the 25mm for paparazzi style portraits and used it frequently with the A7r, which produced a heavy purple cast regardless of aperture setting. Corner sharpness or lack of is of course even more obvious on this sensor
4) IBIS works like a charm with the Minolta 100-200mm f4.5 and the LA EA4, I love this tiny lens but really missed IS, esp for video clips.
5) The Metal Bayonet/Mount on the body is really tight, a good thing, any 3rd party mf/e-mount adapter I own that will fit the A7s, also fits the A7rII. The older, less precise adapters don’t.
6) Flash/strobe: wireless radio trigger, in full frame mode, the A7rii sync’s properly
up to 1/200 and up to 1/250 in crop mode.
Leave any questions you have about the camera in the comments below and I will get an answer for you!
My first impression? Get one.
If you find this post inspiring, please consider helping me maintaining this blog by purchasing your gear through my product links to Adorama and B&H and Ebay. It will cost you nothing and allows me to keep adding! Or consider making a direct donation using PayPal, thank you!