I have been shooting with the Ricoh GR lately, really like the camera and found it to be a serious competitor for the Fuji X100s – from a street photographer’s point of view. It ain’t pretty-the GR- but the boring point and shoot look can be an advantage, the camera draws little to no attention compared to the X100s. And since the D800E is my current bread&butter camera I included the Coolpix A in this comparison. I hope you will find it useful: A few things I should have mentioned in the video:
1) Low light AF performance: Neither the Ricoh GR nor the Nikon Coolpix A work well in low light, lots of hunting, a frustrating experience.
2) If you shoot raw with the GR- playback is limited to 3x magnification and produces artifacts. Work around: shoot small jpegs+raw.
3) Battery life on the GR is quite good and very good if you turn of the LCD while in snap mode and use the optical viewfinder.
3) I will post the link to the Ricoh wide angle adapter once it becomes available.
You can get the Fuji X100s here at BH and here at Adorama
The WCL-X100 Wide-Angle Conversion here at BH and at Adorama
The Rico GR here at BH and Adorama
the external viewfinder GV-1 here at BH
The Nikon Coolpix A here at BH and here Adorama
The Nikon D800E here at BH and Adorama (great deal)
Incoming search terms:
- ricoh gr vs fuji x100
- ricoh gr low light
- fuji x100 vs ricoh gr
- ricoh gr flash sync speed
- ricoh gr mike kobal
- mike kobal fujifilm x100
- x100 vs ricoh gr
- point & shoot gr vs x100s
- ricoh gr v fuji x100s
- x100 vs gr