There are days when I don’t want to think about photography and this is where the RX100 comes in, I grab it when I don’t plan to take pictures. As it usually happens, once I relax I start “seeing things” and miss having a camera on me
the rest after the break
iphone vs Sony RX100 battle, guess who won
tourist studying the three shades
father and son
father and daughter
Here are a few tips on how to set up you RX100 for street shooting:
1) turn off focus assist light and sound
2) get the fasted SDHC card currently available and shoot raw.
3) output at 10 megapixels instead of 20, unless you print large, this will pay off when the image needs cropping and for high ISO shooting.
4) Center point single shot auto focus, image review off, the speediest way to focus and to “get it”, staying with the wide angle also helps
5)play it safe with shutter speeds (steady shot on) and shoot about 2 stops faster then the focal length selected
for instance, if you are shooting at 28mm, don’t go below 1/125.
6)familiarize yourself totally with all camera controls and practice a steady hand
good luck shooting!
If you find this article inspiring, please consider helping me maintaining this blog by purchasing your gear through my product links to Adorama and B&Hand Ebay. It will cost you nothing and allows me to keep adding! Or consider making a direct donation using PayPal, thank you!
Incoming search terms:
- sony rx100 tips
- rx100 tips
- sony rx100 tips and tricks
- sony rx100 shooting tips
- rx100 tips and tricks
- sony rx100 iii mike kobal
- sony rx100 tips tricks
- sony rx100 ii tips
- sony rx100 ii hints a d tips
- sony rx100 best settings